Stress triggers can be found in every day life, from your place of employment to your home. What's important is recognizing what triggers the tension and learning how to manage it.
List of Stress Triggers
The causes of stress are many and too long to list all of them here. But here are some of the more prominent triggers in adults
- Taking on too many responsibilities
- Change in employment
- Family responsibilities
- Financial or budgetary constraints
- Academic pressures
- Feelings of loneliness or isolation
- Unexpected pregnancy
- Unrealistic expectations
- Too much exercise (or not enough)
In children and teens, stress triggers are there but may not be as noticeable:
- Physical changes including increased body hair, menstruation or changes in voice
- Emotional changes such as yearnings for independence and freedom from parents, family and teachers
- Dating and relationship issues
- School work
- Parents and siblings
- Meeting new friends and maintaining older friendships
Realizing the Causes of Stress
At LoveToKnow Stress Management, our articles may help you pinpoint what is causing some of the stress in you or your family's life and find a way to control it. Once the stressor is determined, finding a technique to manage it is only a step or two away.
Give Us a Shout
If there's something you like or dislike here, or have an idea you would like to share, let us know. Feel free to use the Comments section at the bottom of each page.