For many people, using crystal meditation balls helps them to enter a state of deeper meditation by allowing them to focus more clearly.
How to Meditate Using a Crystal Ball
Using a crystal ball as a meditation tool is a form of focused meditation. This type of meditation works well for someone that is just learning to meditate as well as someone more experienced in the practice of meditation.
Basic Meditation Steps: Holding a Crystal Ball
- Sit in a comfortable and relaxed position holding the crystal ball in palms of your hands.
- Focus on the beautiful sphere, feeling its coolness and weight in your hands.
- Notice everything about the exquisite sphere, its shape, clarity, brightness, and purity.
- Feel the crystal grounding you and let your breathing slow as you relax.
- Let yourself feel centered, grounded and fully in the present moment letting your mind feel happy and calm.
Basic Meditation Steps: Crystal Ball Placed on Table
- Sit in a position that is comfortable with the crystal ball resting on a table, or other surface, in front of you.
- Focus your gaze on the overall beauty of the crystal.
- Concentrate on each aspect of the sphere's beauty. Focus on the perfect shape, its magnificent sparkle, clarity, and brightness. Think of its purity and imagine how the smooth crystal feels.
- Keep your eyes focused on the crystal ball and let your vision soften as your breathing becomes slower and deeper.
- Allow yourself to fell centered, grounded, and completely in the moment.
Advanced Mediation Techniques Using a Crystal Ball
Advanced techniques using a crystal ball include:
- Focus on the crystal ball as a meditation tool and then visualize the sphere floating in front of you. Visualize the sphere reducing in size until it is small enough to enter your body. Imagine it entering, traveling throughout your body and exiting through the original entryway. For more information on this meditation technique see the advanced guide to meditation from Intelegen.
- The Dhammakaya meditation technique centers on a visualized crystal ball. However, practitioners may use a crystal ball to train their focus during the learning process. This technique is taught in the Middle Way Retreats of Thailand.
The Symbolism of a Sphere
The shape of a crystal ball, the sphere, is rich with symbolism. Universally a sphere represents many things including:
- The universe
- The realization of all possibilities
- The occult, divination, and hidden wisdom
To form a perfect crystal sphere a large amount of crystal must be cut away. The finished shape is a product of everything that needs to be released to attain the perfect sphere. For many people the sphere is a symbol of everything they must release before they can realize their own inborn perfection.
Kinds of Crystal Balls
Crystal balls for meditation are available in a variety of sizes, types of crystal and other gemstones. Each type of stone has unique qualities and a specific purpose. Examples of crystal balls include:
- Lead crystal
- Clear quartz
- Rose quartz
- Smoky quartz
- Reticulated crystal
- Rock crystal (milky color)
Where to Find Crystal Meditation Balls Online
- Daily Om offers a lovely set of three quartz crystal meditation balls. Each of the balls measures three inches in diameter and are decorated with the engraving of a sacred symbol. The symbols include:
- Star of Life
- Crystal Cavern offers a beautiful selection of crystal balls and stands.
- Palace Herbal Spa
- The Mystic Corner
- Emily Gems at Crystal Cure
These additional resources can help you refine your crystal ball meditation techniques and find methods that work best to help you relax.
- Crystal Ball Gazing: The Complete Guide to Choosing and Reading Your Crystal Ball by Uma Silbey
- Crystal Ball by Sibyl Ferguson
- Titania's Crystal Ball: Now You Can See Your Future by Titania Hardie
Crystal meditation balls are an excellent tool to relieve stress and relax your body and your mind. No matter what type of ball you choose, it can be a strong focal point to help you relax and center yourself.